Friday, April 24, 2015

The Day I Finally Take a Picture

    This one, to be exact:


    So far Georgia looks a lot like home, actually.  But then again, I haven't seem much yet. We have been mostly stuck in a "compound" that used to be a Russian radio scrambler (as in they would take the US radio signals and bury them in a deep dark cave or something).

    I really wish I had more to report.  We have just been in the compound, learning Georgian and having discussions about what to expect for PST (Pre-Service Training). The good news is that I now know how to say "I don't know" and "where is the bathroom?" The two most important phrases. I hope they come in handy tomorrow when I have to meet my host family.

    I'm mostly excited to get out into real Georgia soon.  We have been pretty isolated so far and just been surrounded by fellow PC Trainees.  After all the waiting and now orientation, I think we're all ready to start jumping and and getting our feet wet.  Tomorrow will be an exciting day for everyone!

    No comments: