Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

    I am just going to preface this post with saying that the church never ceases to amaze me. I have been so impressed with not only the effect that it has on these faithful saints in all areas in Ghana/the world, but also with its orderliness and the automatic relationships it makes. It has opened so many doors to us not only in Abomosu, Asunafo, and Sankubenase, but also in Accra. We make a contact with one person in the church, and bam, suddenly we have the numbers to the Branch President, the District President, and the senior missionary couple, who then hooks us up with things like buildings to meet in and a projector. I don’t know what we would do without the help of the church.
    But the main purpose of this post is to write about how awesome the temple is. We got to Accra on Saturday, so we were able to go to church on Sunday. The building where Peggy, Stephen’s daughter, attends is actually right on the temple grounds. Church is awesome, but it adds a whole other dimension to your church-going experience when you can see the temple each time you step out of a room.


    Then on Tuesday, we were able to attend the temple. The guys in our group left in the morning to do a session, and we girls caught up with them later to do baptisms. It was awesome how things were just the same as in the Logan temple. Although their baptistry was prettier… I just have a small love affair with stained glass windows, and there was a large stained glass window on one side of the room, with the afternoon sun shining through it… It was amazing.


    We definitely received blessings from doing temple work. The spiritual boost was much needed. It has been a while since I did baptisms, and I had forgotten how much I love it. And for the first time in six weeks, I used a water-heated, stand-up shower! If there was any doubt before as to how much I loved the church before that moment, it was blasted away by that sweet, warm water. I could have stayed in there for hours, but sadly Chelsey was done with baptisms much too quickly. But that heavenly shower will stay in my memory for probably at least another six weeks till I can have hot-water, stand-up showers regularly again. It’s amazing what you come to appreciate when it’s gone from your life.

    Between the shower of water and of the Spirit, I am definitely ready to conquer the second half of my stay here in Ghana.

    1 comment:

    Brently said...

    I'm reading! I'm jealous and I'm reading! Love you! :) I'm glad you were able to go to the temple that is so neat!