My experience with public transportation thus far was the CVTD, and this was nothing like it. But totally fun. They were actually in the middle of construction for some parts, so after a while we had to get off and ride the busses the rest of the way to the city center. It was such a good way to see the city in a hurry. They definitely have to make use of all their space there. Everything was much taller than here.
After getting off at Lake and Park (I think) we strolled around downtown. It was fun to see the river and all the great buildings. We ate sandwiches at Joe's Deli and Juice Bar. I had fresh Cantaloupe and Honeydew juice. It was different, but cool. On our stroll, we encountered some interesting characters, including this guy, who was dressed in and painted bronze from head to toe. Then with your spare change as a donation, he would pose for a picture with you.
It was totally worth the 54 cents or whatever it was. Also, we saw some strange statues, like this fine couple here:
Don't ask me why, that's just the way Chicagans roll. I think the baseball goes to their brains. Speaking of, on the descent to land, I don't think I've ever seen so many baseball fields in my life. There would be at least one field about every two blocks! It was wild, and excessive if you ask me. But wahoo to America's hobby.
Then back we went to the airport. We retraced our steps to Lake Street and loaded back onto the buses then train. Back through security, where I got the look from a guard because I forgot to take some juice out from the first plane ride. Oops. Ah well, I hope he had it for his break.
1 comment:
You should've informed that cowboy guy that gold is more impressive than bronze. Seriously. Doesn't he watch the olympics?! And just so you know, baseball is America's PASTIME. Not a hobby. It's a life yo. I'm so glad you got to explore Chicago! The airport would've been mighty boring for that long! (and I'm sure the food was better than any airport food, and cheaper!)
Post a Comment