Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some Annecy Sights

    So everyone knows some major sights of Paris, but I thought I'd show some pics of the other town I'm going to be in. It's called Annecy. It is a town in the middle eastern side of France, right on the Alps. It's quite small, the population only being about 50,000 in 2006. Here's some pictures:

    Known as the "Venice of Savoy" for it's two canal roads. This building (Palais d'Ils) used to be a prison way back when...


    This is the Pont des Amors, aka The Lover's Bridge. Beautiful isn't it?


    The Palais d'Annecy.

    Also, one more interesting thing I found out when I was doing some research, Annecy is actually putting in a bid to host the winter Olympics in 2018! Yes, it's a ways away, but still very exciting!


    4 comments:

    Van Alfen Family said...

    Melody!
    I had a friend that served part of his mission in Annecy! It's a beautiful place. We wish you the best of luck and fun!
    Love, Celia

    Adam and Aubrey said...

    Cool.

    Don't agree to meet anyone on that lovers bridge. I don't care how romantic you think it is.

    yay for Olympics. I get way too into that stuff!

    Brittney said...

    Mel that city looks awesome! It just looks so quaint and romantic. i am so excited for you! So you should update often!

    Murphy Forsgren said...

    Melodia!! I am super excited for you. Please keep this updated regularly and take lots of pictures and have tremendous loads of fun!